[mls_h4]Stay and play[/mls_h4]
TAUGHMONAGH PRIMARY SCHOOL
This year we are again intending to run after school clubs whereby the children can stay in school until 5.00 pm. These clubs will operate term time only and will not be open during school holidays.
The club from 2.00pm–3.00pm will be called the Stay and Play Club and the 3.00pm– 5.00pm will be the PM club.
There naturally will be a cost associated with such a venture and below I have indicated the four options available to parents. Unfortunately, we have had to increase the price slightly this year (First price rise since we started in 2012!)
Stay and Play (P1-P3) 2.00pm–3.00pm £2
PM only (P4-P7) 3.00pm–5.00pm £4
Stay and Play plus PM 2.00pm–5.00pm £5
- · The numbers attending each club are limited to 30 for the Stay and Play and 20 for the PM club. Preference will be given to those who commit to the whole week and to the whole afternoon session (2pm -5pm).
· Speech and Language Unit children are very welcome to join the clubs BUT parents will have to organise transport home.
· The clubs will be run by Classroom Assistants who are all trained to NVQ level (at least). During the clubs the children will carry out a variety of activities – sport / art / computers, etc. Children will be able to do homework but the assistants will not specifically work with the children to complete homework – it is still the role of the parent to check homework and do reading.
· Suffolk children can attend the Stay and play club (2-3) and then be transported home on the 3pm Suffolk bus. However, in order to make appropriate transport arrangements we MUST know on a Monday if you intend to use Stay and Play that week.
· Parents will have to register to use the clubs and application forms are now available in the school office. If you registered last year and your details are the same then you do not need to re – register. However, we must be informed of any changes in contact details. For health and safety reasons we cannot accept any child for any club who does not have these details completed. If you think your children may use the club at any stage during the year you are better to complete a form so that they are on our register.
· For this club to run effectively we need to know exact numbers attending each week – and for which sessions. Parents can get booking forms from the office on which they MUST indicate the days their child will be staying AND return payment by 9.15 am on Monday. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.
· We aim to start these clubs week commencing the 10th September.
If you require any further information, please feel free to call in or telephone.